Damn, Jim, I didn't know you were that old.

The following awards for Cryptologic Excellence have been received by the 748th MI Bn: Alamo Station operating as part of the CSOC, was the recipient of the Travis Trophy in 1975, which is presented to the most outstanding Service Cryptologic Unit for that year. The Alamo Station additionally received the Air Force Outstanding Unit Award for the period of 1 July 1975 to 30 June 1977.

Then, I spent 13 months in this dump.

This is actually in my shack and operational, my weapon of choice!

It can eat glass, it has 37 tubes and is permeability tuned, meaning several ferrite rods are moved by an elegant geartrain to change the inductance. It and cockroaches will survive. And the boomer I saw some guy on here was on.

Some of my predecessors helped the 101st back then.

The 101st Military Intelligence Company was constituted 12 June 1944 as the 101st Counter-Intelligence Corps Detachment. Activated on 20 April 1944 at Newburg, England, the company participated in four campaigns during World War II. After World War II, the Detachment was inactivated in France. In March 1956, the unit was reorganized and redesignated as the 101st Military Intelligence Detachment. The 101st Military Intelligence Company was formed after a reorganization-redesignation in December 1969. During the Vietnam Conflict, the unit participated in 12 major campaigns.

The 265th Army Security Agency Company (also known as the 265th Radio Research Company (Airborne)) was constituted in March 1967 and activated in April at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. The Company deployed to Vietnam and participated in more than 30 major Division operations and 13 campaigns.

The first guy killed in Vietnam was an 05D named Davis. I was a hog.

But, I've never seen a shot fired in anger.

-Chuck, Vegetarian fanboy

Attachments
475851-101.jpg (3 downloads)