Quote:

I just try to live my life as an example of how to care for and treat others. I also try to do good and give back

Good for you. But I would argue that's not a trait exclusive to Christianity, or even being religious Plenty of religious folks of diffrent faiths believe the same as you. And some (not all) would condemn atheists who engage in the same behaviour but do not believe.
Lance Armstrong seems like a pretty solid dude, and Pat Tillman gave his life defending America. Neither one of them made a secret of it, and yet Tillman's memory gets slimed by some religious kook.

That's kinda what sticks in my craw: that atheists can't be good people....
Quote:

LIEUTENANT COLONEL RALPH KAUZLARICH, U.S. ARMY (on Tllman): Well, if you're an atheist and you don't believe in anything, if you die, what -- what is there to go to? Nothing. You're worm dirt. So, for their son to die for nothing, it's pretty hard to get your head around that

Edited by tattypatty (08/04/09 11:52 PM)
"I'll never forget the moment during the lovely Alyssa Allure's scene in 'American Bukkake' where the fellow got out of his wheel chair to ejaculate on her face. It was grotesque but had a certain frisson." -Sock