Quote:

The Colonel wrote:

Quote:

I believe she may have escaped from a concentration camp. I had no part in this, here at Stalag 13 all prisoners get at least 3 slices of bread per day.

For your information, Stalag refers to StammLager, which is a POW (prisoners of war) camp, not a concentration camp.

FS, you're missing the point. The guy is just play acting the TV character he's chosen as his user name and avatar.

Perhaps the show "Hogan's Heroes" might not have made to your neck of the woods.

It's in part a farce of the CLASSIC movie Stalag 17 [complete with Sgt. Schultz] in which a mixed group of allies - Americans, English guy, French guy - intentionally stay in a concentration camp as prisonrs to act as spies to pass on information, aid escapes, etc.

Colonel Klink, the user name and avatar this guy is using, is the incompetant commandant of Stalag 13.

Oddly, the actors who portray the two main Nazis were both Jews. In fact, the Werner Klemperer, whose picture you see, was lucky enough to have escaped Germany when his family left for the US in the '30s.

But, then again, Otto Preminger, another Jew, was cast as the REALLY evil camp commander in Stalag 17 [who tortured an American prisoner by sleep deprivation]. So, maybe the casting isn't all that surprising.

I can hear Klink now, raging, fist raised ... "Hogan!!!!!"