Right, and as a white guy, I'll put anything on my feet, I had all kinds of breaks growing up in a white as Wonder Bread community, and I would never put 22 inch aluminum rims on a 4X4. And, I was not surprised when I learned my Chinese customer has 7 cameras. But there is a big difference between those statements and the language used in other parts of this thread.

There is a disparity in the number of young black men going to prison, compared to the rest of the population. That is something we need to address as best we can, like Cosby and Obama stressing fatherhood on Father's Day. Like continuing to strive to provide good education to urban youth, and offer role models and decent jobs. And providing education and prevention of single pregnancies. It's not something to use like a club, to insinuate that an entire race of people are inherently inferior.

There is also a difference between an honest dialog, and an attempt to wiggle subtle racism into a conversation. I won't draw a bright line for you, I leave it up to your own conscience.

I watched with home state pride yesterday as the Cincinnati Reds hosted the first Civil Rights game played as a regular season contest. That is a celebration going back to the Underground Railroad safe houses along the river, to Jackie Robinson, to the 1964 uniforms to celebrate the signing of the Civil Rights Act. But there is still much to be done, that was the theme most of the dignitaries seemed to stress in interviews.

I want to be part of the solution, not the problem.

-Chuck, Vegetarian fanboy