Jeter is far from an attention whore. You never see or hear from the guy in the offseason. I'm sure it is just a show of respect for a guy that was part of the Yankee family for 50+ years. As for the Posadas and Sabathias wanting special treatment too, fuck em. I don't see a C on their uniform, so they don't get the same treatment.

Side note: Posada is much more vocal than Mr. Never Ruffle a Feather Derek. I think he would have been a better captain, but he isn't, so no Bob Sheppard for him.

Finally, you are really reaching hard for another reason to hate Jeter for this to get you POed. If Jeter played for the Cubs and never won a thing, he'd be fucking cannonized by baseball fans. Instead he plays in the biggest market for the winningest team, gets the press that goes along with it, never accused of juice, never beat his girl, or got caught doing something stupid, and everyone hates him. His five fucking rings are paying for the KC Royals executives bonuses, cause the owner doesn't put the revenue sharing money into the team. You wanna fucking hate on someone, hate the pathetic fuck that runs your team.