Okay I'll throw one out there. Who the fuck does Derek Jeter think he is? If he wants a recording of Bob Sheppard introducing him when he bats in the All-Star Game then fine. I'm good with that. I think it is a great idea. For him to want to use that same recording for the rest of his career is too much.

I don't know who is or who will be announcing Yankees batters now. I don't know how good they are or how long they will be doing it. I do know that if I was the guy who will be doing it from now on I interpret this demand by Jeter as Jeter telling me I suck and that he wants the old guy back. Some people may think so what, big deal. Now say Posada decides he wants a recording of Sheppard announcing him whenever he comes up to the plate, then Riviera decides he wants a tape of Sheppard announcing him whenever he enters the game, so on and so on. Then you have the Sabathias who do not have a recording of Sheppard introducing them and are stuck with the new guy. If you hire someone to announce the team then he announces everyone on that team, no exceptions. If you are going to go this route then just lock Vin Scully in a studio somewhere in March and let him read the entire roster of every team in baseball. Then just cut that up and give copies of it to all the teams. Jeter may want to just pay tribute to Sheppard but he comes off as an attention whore by doing this.