Guessed well on the broad factual outlines, missed the mark on the specifics, although Baltimore is the place to be working, retired, or unemployed if one seeks an enjoyable modo de vivir rather than a rat=race existence.. Once more with feeling, Mencken's "On Living in Baltimore" is a wonderful read on this issue, and the whole essay can be turned up on a Google search. Am a typical provincial who really values things like a few hours deep in the forest with the deer, fox, beaver, geese, great blue herons etcetera and an attractive Baltimore female who doesn't labor under the delusion that she shits nuggets of gold. The worst thing is that we are content down here without the dazzle and sizzle of the town so nice they named it twice and everything costs twice as much as it does down here.. Then there is the fact that I have almost an hour to fuck around online before I set off for my 9am meeting. We have fun doin' it Baltimore-style, but we always keep in mind that we are by no means the supermen that master the universe up there in the Apple, and we want you to know that we hold our collective breaths in admiration for all that is accomplished up there, and we don't hold the panic of 2008 against y'all, y'all remain our heroes and objects of our veneration.

Edited by ivorenginedriver (07/12/10 04:21 AM)