Quote:

This is reality calling Northrop, are you there? General MacArthur stated that occupying another country is the dark stain that follows the initial invasion victory. Are we not now occupying Afghanistan?

I don't remember arguing that whether or not we should be occupying Afghanistan...

But yeah, it's ugly, but we gotta do it. You saw where the White House leaked that there's a trillion dollars in minerals under the Afghan land just waiting to be mined? Can you imagine the Taliban with a trillion dollars in their wallet? We gotta leave a stable government over there.

I saw a poll the other day. Asking average Afghans, 90% wanted the current government. 6% wanted the Taliban to have control. It's doable.

Here's a link to those poll results: Click

The Afghans want us to do it. They just need to know that we're backing them. Did the Afghans want the USSR to set up a government for them? Did the common Afghan people want the USSR to win that war? I'd be surprised if they did, but I don't know the answer for sure. I've just never read about it. But, that may be one difference where we're not just repeating the past and expecting different results.

A huge difference between our mistake in Vietnam vs. Iraq and Afghanistan is that in Vietnam, we were fighting to prevent the people from voting. They all would have voted for Ho Chi Minh and we didn't want that. We were afraid he was in cohoots with the USSR.

But, in Afghanistan and Iraq, we're fighting so that the people can vote. So that their will can be realized.