While I'm sure the Taliban would love to gain control of Pakistan's nukes they are a long, long, way from having the capability to do so.

The Taliban is definitely in a position to defeat the Pakistan army in the non-Pashtun areas and capture the capital (Islamabad). This was an unnescessary gift from the naive incompetant Odumba. Even if they can't get their hands on the nuke arsenal, at a minimum they will have materials and the expertise of sympathetic Pakistani nuclear scientists (serving and retired).

Quote:

It describes in detail how General Petraeus reached out to moderate elements within the Iraqi insurgents to improve the situation in Iraq. In some cases outright paying them. It was an effective strategy that produced real results.

Iraq and the Paki/Afgani/Taliban thing are totally different situations. We didn't pay them off by givng them their own autonomous territory, did we? How do you think that would have worked out? As we know now, those moderate elements in the Taliban weren't moderate. The White House janitor could have figured that out.

Quote:

Good call Steezo... Coke... decent thread.

No progress with the delusion, Loserpher? Still imagining that your assessments carry the weight of quarterly reviews from the offical head poster? So sad. In your honor, I will be making a donation to the National Mental Health Awareness Campaign.