Quote:

Progressives represent people who care for the poor and the middle class, who believe in the original intent of incorporation that these companies should function for the common good, and believe that freedom is expressed through being able to do what you want in your private life. Irritations are invasions of personal freedom and failures of the safety net. Solution to the economic crisis is to help rescue the middle class.

Libertarians represent people who think we should live like the days of the Wild, Wild West, no rules, the Government should not help anyone or hinder them. Irritations are any rules that are not needed to prevent obvious mayhem or murder. Solution to the economic crisis is none of the Government's business.

-Chuck, Vegetarian fanboy

Progressives care about poor people because they make up so much of the voting block for them. In particular they care about keeping them dependent to their federally funded programs so that every four years they can play the "whoever I'm running against is going to cut your entitlements" card.

Libertarians don't believe in no government. We believe in keeping government's noses where they belong. Federal government takes care of federal issues (national defense, immigration, foreign policy, global trade, natural disasters that affect portions of many states, etc.) state government takes care of state issues (state infrastructure, state university systems, water rights, etc.) local government takes care of local issues (zoning laws, liquor laws, what is or isn't taught at primary schools, snow emergency routes, etc.) . We believe in government but that government has set boundaries and strict limits within those boundaries to keep the government from becoming The Creature That Ate Cleveland.