ruby knox

Quote:

What I mean by this is - the more you compromise your values, standards, morals, beliefs, likes and dislikes, the more you are not right for each other. You should never have to compromise yourself before or during a relationship. The more you compromise, the more you will learn to resent your (in)significant other for having to change something about you that defines a little part of you.

The Hon. Jeff Steward once wrote:
"Wow, you really are a pathetic loser. Good luck going old, bitter and alone."

He wrote this regarding someone else, but it's painfully applicable to you. Even more to you than to the person addressed in the first place.

Never compromise? Never is a very, very long time. Think about it. In your own life, you have made a lot of compromises up till now. What makes you think you can start living without making compromises all of a sudden?

Quote:

Nobody should ever expect another to change, and nobody should become something they aren't to satisfy the desires of another person (unless, of course, you're role playing). In addition, nobody should ever expect or force somebody else to change. Physical attraction and sexual compatibility is important, but you also want somebody that you not only can wake up next to, but somebody you can wake up next to and not say "why are you still here?!?!"

Nobody should expect somebody to change? Wake-up call for Knox: shit doesn't work this way. There are always expectations; life is meaningless and empty without them. So, unless your life is both meaningless and empty (which is possible), you have expectations regarding your own life, well-being, work, partner, relationships with other people, etc. Part of these expectations concern change in whatever shape or form it comes in.

Quote:

We're all sexual deviants by nature, but being crack heads and alcoholics and degenerates is a choice.

So, we're deviants by nature, but addicts by choice? Damn, your stupidity knows no boundaries. I hope you didn't come up with this nonsense yourself, but I'm afraid you did.

Edit to add:
For what it's worth, I think the poster Ruby Knox is a man.

Edited by freestylah (09/14/09 04:37 AM)