Quote:

I'm considering trying a raw food diet but I don't have any time to prepare very involved meals. Plus I am incapable of starving myself-- I feel like doing a juice fast would kill me. I need energy to work-- there is a lot of manual labor involved in what I do (yes I do lift and carry heavy equipment). What's a good, simple raw food diet to try?

Juice fasts are crap.

Just do little things like choose as many raw foods over cooked foods as possible. Incorporate salads sans cheese and croutons into your day. Fruit in the morning is great, and you are less hungry when you mono meal. That means a huge helping of one kind of fruit instead of a variety.

If you still need something else to eat a few hours later, fine. Just make sure to stay away from any processed foods. Staying off processed foods is the first step to feeling full after you've had just fruit or greens. Most people can't go raw cold turkey. There are a lot of transitional steps. Yes, all the labor intensive meals at raw food restaurants are yummy gourmet goodness, but forget those. There are plenty of quick, easy recipes you can find online like marinara sauce, guacamole, and soups. All you need for this stuff is a blender or a food processor. I stay away from anything that involves soaking nuts overnight (heh) or that needs a food dehydrator.

You can blend your own chocolate milk with mint sprigs, raw cocao (not cocoa), and 40 calorie almond milk. You can get the almond milk at regular grocery stores. It's considered processed food among rawists, but so what. Raw cocao is even being debated on raw forums, but whatever. Most people that debate them have long passed their transitional stage.

Lately, I've been on giveittomeraw.com. Ignore some of the hippie nonsense and get to the food. That place is cool.