Larkin was a china doll. He had 4 years of over 150 games played. Jeter has played under 150 3 times, one of those years was 149, another 148. Larkin was not the hitter Jeter is. Never over 200 hits, below .300 lifetime, and has 3 more years on Derek to make stats like doubles, runs, RBI, homers looks closer than they actually are. And there is no different era excuse in comparing these two.

I'm admittedly biased, I've never been a big fan of Larkin, and I'm a Yankee lifer. I just put the guy in the Perennial All Star category, just not HOF. I don't see the guy have the intangible qualities of say Ryne Sandberg to over come being a step down in #'s. Only my opinion, I could be wrong, and I wouldn't complain as much about Larkin getting in as Rice, that guy only had 4 Hall worthy years, playing in a hitters park.

Alomar is an asshole, but deserves to get in.

If Mac and Raffy ever get in, their plaques should hang in the urinal.

Another guy for the Hall of the Very Good: Tim Raines. I guess in 87 or 88 he got hurt and it took him out of the Hall chase, but from 81 until then the guy was f'n good. Look at 1981, guy stole 71 bases in 88 games. WOW. Guy struck out more than he walked once in his career, even with all them years of hanging on at the end.