Quote:

Fallout 3 had a fucking disappointing ending.

That is an understatement. If you follow the main quest you can finish the game at level 11 (which I did accidentally). And once you are done the game doesn't turn into a sandbox, it just ends. No chance to finish all the side quests, it just ends.

And was I the only person who got angry that there was NO other light source aside from the pip-boy?

Fallout 3 felt more like work than a game. The fights were totally repetitive and having your weapons break is a really corny way to add difficulty to a game, as if ammo starvation wasn't enough.

Also some of the perks seemed flawed. I did not need the "mysterious stranger" to show up when I was fighting easy creatures like rabid dogs.

And I took "cannibalism" which ended up being incredibly lame. It takes a good 30-45 seconds to eat a corpse and when you do you gain only the slightest health increase. Waste of time.

Couldn't they have made a key command to throw grenades or quickly change weapons? I found myself fussing around in my inventory more then I found myself killing lots of dudes.

No game should make you feel like you need to abuse the quick save/load keys.