Quote:

Quote:

"why can't these girls make their first stop with a fresh paycheck be the dentist rather than the plastic surgeon?" Nooooo.. instead they're busy with implants.

I can't agree with you more-- but I would imagine that most of these teeth issues require braces, which have to stay on for at least a year. Going under the knife means you can be back to work in 3 weeks. I have a crooked tooth on my bottom row of teeth, but my overbite tends to hide it. My parents are English so I didn't get braces (go figure) and by the time it began to bother me I was too old and too vain to wire my teeth up.

Good point about them maybe not wanting to deal with braces for a long time, though at least for younger starlets I can't imagine it would stop their phone from ringing, especially given the teen / barely legal genre that's a driving force in new releases.

They actually have less of an excuse these days with modern dental implements - not only have clear braces existed for years but more significantly products like "Invisalign" have appeared which is a clear tray in the front and a single wire in the back of the row of teeth - my g/f got these instead of braces and ended up with perfect choppers. They don't fix all problems but point is there are many options these days.

Anyway this thread is meant tongue-in-cheek rather than in any mean-spirited or schadenfreude way, so I'll leave the preaching at that.