Quote:

I'm not an obamashipper by any means... but lets look at some of mccains achievements in his life... bottom of his class in the air force, crashed 5 planes including the time he got caught, was happy to talk for better treatment while in the hanoi hilton.... yep... real american hero right there. Though unlike some presidents at least he showed up for his duty (i'm looking at you bill and george).

i will say though... if Obama shifts more toward the fiscal conservative side... and stays socially liberal i will like him much more. He is already almost there.

McCain graduated from the Naval Academy. He was not in the Air Force. His experiences in the Hanoi Hilton included brutality that most of us can't comprehend, much less survive. He did not talk to receive better treatment and there is absolutely no evidence that he ever received preferential treatment. Not one of his fellow prisoners has ever indicated that McCain received better treatment than the rest. He did not crash 5 airplanes prior to being shot down. He would have been permanently removed from flight status long before he had a chance to crash a fifth plane.