Quote:

Quote:

Thousands of ZANU-PF supporters in party regalia turned up for Mugabe's 85th birthday rally at a sports field at Chinhoyi University about 100 km (60 miles) west of Harare.

Ah yes, the birthday party...

Amid the hunger, a feast for Mugabe

ZIMBABWE began a week of lavish celebrations yesterday to mark the 85th birthday of President Robert Mugabe, Africa’s oldest leader, with a party at a luxury hotel in the capital.

A crowd of 2,000 was expected to feast on beef in sauce or roast chicken, rice and vegetables last night, with serenades from a variety of musical acts at the Rainbow Towers in Harare.

The dinner was in part a fundraiser to make up a short-fall in donations for further celebrations next weekend. Organisers have complained angrily that businessmen and farmers have reneged on promised contributions. Mugabe and his family are used to extravagant birthday parties...

ARTICLE

I picture a big pot filled with the meat of white farmers simmering surrounded by quite of few men wearing lion tooth necklaces