Quote:

Quote:

Wheres this policy? I know for sure that Pathmark does all the promos once it reaches certain number or when the store loyalty card is scanned.

You're missing my point. It doesn't matter what the computer does if it doesn't match the circular and/or in store ads. You take the receipt and the items to customer service.

If the scanner/computer charged you the wrong price for a scanned item both PathMark & ShopRite give you one of the item for free.

Last month I got a free package of South Beach Protein Plus bars from Pathmark because the Maple ones weren't scanning right.

I don't know where you'll find your store's published policy, but most of the major supermarkets have been doing it since they installed scanners years and years ago.

Here's an article about such things, fyi

Over the years I've gotten free things from Kroger's, Price Chopper, A&P and the aforementioned ShopRite & PathMark.

I mostly shop sale items now and mostly at ShopRite. So most of my free stuff has been from there. But, it isn't very common. Oddly I've had two in a month.

I don't remember the last one before these two.

Interesting, I never heard or seen the Price Scanner Accuracy policy, but I know that some stores give you stuff for free if they fail to give you a receipt. I will have to find out about this policy in-person.