Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Books:

Some interesting choices there. New and unread or replacements?

These are all second-hand books bought at some charity-like event. (Money goes to some project or other in Africa or Asia, I believe.) I haven't read any of these in the past; there might be a few doubles (Tolstoy).

I mostly buy books second-hand. In a/m list are some really nice old prints (1920s/30s); the books on that list costed me about EUR 60.

Hmmm, nothing wrong with buying used books. When I was in the military I used to go by used bookstores before deployment and buy about $25.00 USD of used books (all for less than a dollar and some for much less); the cheapest ones were the most tattered. I mailed them off to my Mom when I finished reading them who stored them in a damp basement in cardboard boxes.

Now, years later, time has taken it's toll and most of those old books are practically disintegrating, or the ink is faded, or the pages are browned. I still love finding a great book at a used bookstore, but I am trying to replace my old dying books with newer, nicer versions.