Quote:

As to buying American ; I'd like to but the only other one I know of is Remington and I like what I see from the CZ.

Glad to see that you will be supporting the party. Comrade Obama wants us to band together to help meet production and sales quotas.

As for CZ, I have always liked them. When they first got the ball rolling in the US in the mid 80s or so, the CZ-75 was very innovated and very inexpensive, about $350 or so. Not cheap mind you, but inexpensive-- remember this is the same country that makes fantastic crystal (and beer to put in the crystal, too!). They purchased Dan Wesson a while back, and I have always preferred a Dan revolver to a Smith revolver. Looks like the revolvers have been discontinued (shame on you, CZ), but the 1911s look nice. Have not heard left or right about the rifles.

An 870 marine grade or parkerized is probably next on my list. I am choosing carefully so as not to get caught in the next round of gun bans...

For some reason or another, all the firearm and ammo prices doubled since November or so. The local Outdoor World has 'em lined up 3 and 4 deep on the weekend at their extremely spacious firearms counter. Can't seem to figure it out.