Quote:

^^ I know your position on tipping and all, but I really, really, REALLY would have thought twice about leaving a tip after being ripped off for USD 84.

I do, however, know the rule on everyone buys a round. I had to buy two rounds most of the time, others didn't. Am still wondering what happened all those years.

Everything in NY is a fucking rip off, that is why I limit myself to going out to bars and stuff, restaurants I dont mind and I dont mind paying any amount as long as the food and service is good. But just to hang out at a bar and spend 12.00 for a jack and coke is fucking ridiculous in my opinion. If it was a Remy Shot or a Martini, I wouldnt mind, but even the lower level liquors were still 12.00 bucks. I suggest you never visit NY unless you go to the cheaper old man bars, theres many and many in Brooklyn.
And thank god that Im not a drinker really, I was just entertaining peeps from out of town. I dont usually frequent bars and those prices made me very glad Im not an alcohol drinker.