Quote:

Quote:

Like season 1 more than season 2 ... but I've always been more taken with Julius Caesar & the dissolution of the First Triumverate than Antony & Cleopatra and the ultimate ending of the Second Triumverate.

?

Alas, the reverse. I preferred Antony the "rock star" of 2 versus the "mope" of 1. J.C. was a stiff. "Adult" Octavian was all kind of creepy (and, of course, Rome's greatest leader, Augustus). Fuckin' battle of Philippi, man...

You know what it might be? The history getting in the way for me.

They stuck to it pretty good in 1 and were much more fast and free with it in 2.

It's not that I can't allow for license in a historical-drama. I did like the novel twist of Caesarian NOT being Caesar's kid.

But, stick to important stuff.

Like, they made Polly Walker's Atia so strong, but they had Octavian completely dominating Livia. Livia was no submissive.

And, not mention that Livia was pregnant at the time let alone married with a kid [Tiberius]. [And, that Octavian also had a kid ... his crazy "future" whore daughter Julia].

I guess since they weren't going to continue, they just cut the future out from under themselves.

I know it's a drama but ....

Plus, the whole Judean "zealot" side-story sucked. And, killing off sweet Eirene and her baby made me very, very sad.