Quote:

The first one is from Spring Training 1983, due to the presence of Roy Smalley and Steve Kemp (both of whom were gone from the team by mid-season 1983) Billy Marting managed the oakland As during the 1982 season then quit/was fired/was asked to leave after blowing out the A's Pitching rotation during said 1982 season (the same rotation he used to lead the A's to the playoffs in the previous 1981 season.) 1982 was also the year Rickey Henderson set the single season Stolen base record while under Martin.

Burg, I'm posting this because I love you like a brother. Do you realize that your innocent post might be misconstrued as an attempt to demonstrate that the illustrious JimB is "once again, talking out of (his) ass"?

Didn't you read where he said:
Quote:

And HOW do you know Billy signed it while he was still manager of the team?

Once again, Dan, you're talking out your ass.

Don't you appreciate that by pointing out that he's a fool he might marshall the resources of all of his alt-IDs and vote down your number of stars?

He lives in New York you know. He's almost a lawyer too. Aren't you afraid of all of his pretend knowledge?

If I were you, I'd keep a low profile for a couple of days. Just sayin'... Wouldn't want to see your empty chair cloating in the Hudson river.