As I've said here repeatedly, prosecuting DV cases is a tricky thing. No matter what the facts of the case are, some Deputy District Attorney is going to be called out on the carpet in Steve Cooley's office. Two deaths trump any lack of cooperation she may have given.

Having been in that poor Deputy's shoes, I'll state once again that I am absolutely convinced that Inkyo Volt Hwang beat the living shit out of Maryam Haley at the end of June and that she refused to cooperate with the investigation. I've seen too many cases where women beg for their men's release and the dismissal of charges. I am also absolutely convinced that he killed her, accidentally, while beating her in a King City motel August 21. The Coroner's report won't be in for six-to-eight weeks, but it's a reasonable hypothesis that he did himself in, whether intentionally or by drinking himself to death.

As for this statement:

Quote:

I know Volt has an extended family of haters, at times I'd fall into that catagory myself, he knew where all the skeletons were hidden and didn't hesitate to open the door of the closet when the need arose, that's why there's so many people taking shots now. Pretty hard for someone to defend themselves when they're dead.

Your synchophantic defense of your dead friend is understandable, but misplaced. Folks around here were denouncing Inkyo since he beat the poor girl in June. He could have defended himself then, but chose not to. And as I recall, exactly one washed up shotout whore came to his defense on LIB. You certainly didn't. Speaks volumes, doesn't it.

Bottom line, Filbert: You want to sell this post-mortem revisionism, take it to ADT, where nobody can ever do any wrong. Here, we like to lay blame where it's deserved: on the guilty.