Catching up ....

About 10 days after Snowball had his stroke, I elected to put his sister down. She no longer could stand, let alone walk. Couldn't go in the box and couldn't clean herself well.

I gave her a warm bath, which she hated, but she really needed.
I rubbed her down with a soft towel, which she seemed to enjoy.
I combed her for about 2 hours, which she LOVED!

She was a gentle loving girl.

I sat with her on my lap for a few hours and listened to Bob Seger's "Final Scene," rocked and wept inconsolably.

The next morning I took her to the same vet that put down her mom. Like her mom, she was purring when she died.

All that remains of a family of six is George David Clyde the Monster Kitty. All 4 of his scion have passed before him. He likely won't last more than a year himself. He's quite the old man, can't walk too well anymore and doesn't leave the couch too often.

He always was jealous of any attention that I gave his family members. He doesn't seem to miss any of them. I don't like that he's all alone when I go away.

When I came back from 2 weeks in FL in September, he howled at me for an entire day. I have no idea why or what could have sated his angst. He's never been much of a 'talker'.

Thankfully, he still pees reliably in his box. But, for some reason, he'll only do his bowel movements next to it.

When he goes, I'm likely moving to Florida.