She's doing OK.

The election has her excited.

Mom's going to the rally today in Broward County near the Sawgrass Outlet Mall.

She went to high school with Lou Gossett. She did some paper with him on "Brown v. Board of Ed" or something back "in the day". I think she had the hots for him and Obama is like some kind of "Lou Gosset/JFK had a Lovechild" to her. He represents two men she looked up to in the past. So, she was an easy convert from Hillary.

In fact, she's election overboard. She'll be working the phones the rest of the way, and I think a couple of "imported" Obama GOTV volunteers may be staying at her house now that I'm back up north. She has 2 covertable sofas and an airbed and loves chatty young liberal people [my stepdad is LOVING that ... NOT! - but, he gets no say].

She was talking about seeing FDR at a rally when she was a kid during WWII and they seemed genuinely interested in her anecdotes [I get my long-winded story-telling from her].

And, I must report, that she was overjoyed to see me fall completely to Obama the moment McCain rashly picked Shtunkie for his running mate. All my faith in my boy John left that day ....