Quote:

Do You Keep Up With High School Friends?

You don't really have time to bond with people in college because your studying or working. - Sergio/Chico

I bonded very closely with people in college.
Part of that bonding was through studying.
I was best man for 2 guys I used to tutor/study with in college and I tutored "psych stat" for one of my other friends who is a dean of a SUNY college.

I didn't do any real "working" while I was in college.

I graded 2nd year calculus and intro prob/stat homework for the dept head [min wage, like $3/hour or less for 40 hours/month].

I typed papers [pre-PCs, obviously] [pizza & six for a paper ~$8-10 - I also corrected spelling and grammar]

I sold completed Fortran and COBOL programs. [$15-50]

I ref-ed HS football and intramurals. [HS I forget - not much, IM $3/game]

I also lucked out into selling many 1 oz silver ingots I bought at $5-7 for up to $35 when silver went absolutely FUCKING CRAZY!!

I was much in demand for tutoring computer programming [mostly COBOL]. Most of it I did for girls for free.

I also did all kinds of math tutoring and physics [which was my major for 3 years].

My REAL $$$$ I made $15-20/hour tutoring high school math in 1981-3 - which was prohibitive at the time. One of my students went from a 440 to 690 math on the SATs!! I only took 2 students per semester.

I'm thinking about becoming an inner-city math teacher when I get better if I can.