I have returned home slight lighter.

Not only did I not need the "extension" for the seatbelt, there were a few inches to spare!

Upon arriving home, I was greeted by 3 of 4 of "the pride". Sadly I believe that the elder female's life force is winding down. She was not in her "favorite" places. She did not respond when called. It took me quite some time to find her. I started to think she had passed. She wasn't all to responsive once I found her. I petted her for a while. She purred softly but showed no interest in moving. I let her stay where she was.

After a long while she worked her way to the living room - she's completely blind with cataracts so it takes her a bit of time to find her way. Once she made it to the futon, her son Snowy rubbed heads with her and she allowed him to clean out her ears.

Both are odd since he mostly likes to torment the females, and she lashes out anytime he's anywhere near her. I think they know time is winding down as well.

She is quite thin and frail. She has been losing weight ever since she lost her vision.

She has her own place atop the left corner of the futon [which is almost always in the "couch" position"]. She enjoys sleeping there next to my head. In the morning when she wants to be petted, she waits until I slightly stir and then places her clammy paw on my face and slowly and carefully extends her claws to get my attention. It is quite annoying.

I'll miss her when she dies.

I will cry for days ....