Well, that's the headline Gene's running with in an article that seems to deal mostly with Max being stuck in traffic.

Here's the relevant part:

Rain wants to know all the skinny about Max's latest battle with the government.

"Didn't I beat their asses bad enough last time?" he asks. "They charged me in 2001 with three counts of obscenity. We beat them bloody."

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall another case Max won in Cincinnati, in the interim, when a juror in the courtroom fell asleep during the showing of one of his movies. But that's neither here nor there.

Max continues to talk about his 2001 case which was tried in Los Angeles.

"They gave up when prosecutor Michelle Anderson was taken out of court on a stretcher," Max is saying. "The DA called three days later to make a deal."

Max says such deals involve some kind of quid pro quo and his quo was to accept a lesser charge of disturbing the peace.

"I took great pleasure in doing that," he recalls. "We beat 'em fair and square."

Max's latest beef with the government is ten counts of obscenity, five years per count, regarding five movies.

"I face 50 years for making dirty movies," he tells Rain. Max also notes that obscenity is misunderstood and not a clearly defined term, though he boils it down to the basics: obscenity is too much for the public to handle.

"They consider my sex acts beyond the pale and should not be allowed," he continues.

story in progress

+ + +

Give 'em Hell, Cowboy.