you wouldn't call the selous a "community" it's a "population" . communities don't kill their cubs or resort to cannibalism when there's no rain or nothing exciting got posted for a few days.

i don't consider everyone here a shutin or someone who wears mostly sweatpants that don't hide the fact he's got an erection at the grocery store. at 9pm on a monday night. buying ho-ho's.

there's clearly something wrong with me that i find anything compelling about dumb troubled people trying to wring something better for themselves out of life on a path where you're considered a "success" if you and your wife have hiv but make some money or the feds are bent on making an example out of you for a decade.

i also find 50% of news articles coming out of malawi compelling. i guess i'm just a dick, but it's well-concealoed and i look good being one. plus, i've never had a cavity and i've got listerine packets floating around my car, coats and what seems to be half of the stuff i give to the cleaners.

i suppose it's a bit misanthropic finding glee in being cruel to people not equipped to fight back, but if i have to have a guilty pleasure in life it beats wearing lipstick and high heels.

Martin Amis "honoring" katie price with a character bearing some of her traits