Quote:

Majority of the chaparral on the shelves sold here mainly comes from California and/or Arizona not South America. Although, I have not heard of someone taking chaparral for herpes but I suppose it could make sense. This IS one of three herbal 'supplements' that I took when sick. It's an extremely powerful herb and is usually advised by holistic doctors to take no longer than 2 weeks straight (3wks pushing it) and take a one week break. Plenty of water advised of course for flushing.

People die from alternative medicine because either they did not know or was never advised of proper handling. And of course assume they don't need a regular medicine doctor, period. Also people don't realize that even though you're taking the alternative route, it's still important to have a regular blood panel done for monitoring purposes and very important to have a regular liver panel to prevent any organ failure/poisoning.

Just because it's herbal doesn't mean it's not capable of causing serious damage or kill you. It can be just as lethal as a man-made drug.

right you have to check in with a practitioner first as it says on the back lable of the bottles.