my wife went to marimekko this afternoon and came back with like 9 pairs of curtains, enough sheets and duvet covers for a small hotel and FOUR FUCKING SHOWER CURTAINS. and lots of towels and bullshit pillows. she kept putting the shit on the windows/bed and asking for opinions. this went on intermittently for 2 hours, minimum. i got to the point where my brain stopped being able to process patterns and colors at all or remember their appearance but i maintained my ability to feign interest. i like fucking her enough to tolerate viewing fabric patterns every 20 minutes. i kind of wanted to beat her by the end of it after seeing the reciept, then i realized textiles were giving her more pleasure than the ounce of good coke that money would have been used for in the past.

we ate out and well, which we're doing often now that ww're passing on the wine list. literally, i ordered enough food to be unpleasantly full at radius and the bill for 2 people gorging themselves was south of 2 bills and that's on the high side of things lately. if you've avoided your city's best food joints assuming they're extravagantly expensive you'll find they're quite the opposite if you don't drink. you can always drink good wine at home, but you can't cook like the best chefs. if you've got some flexibility it's easy to find a pretty diesel tasting menu for a hundred bucks which is cheap for being fed well in a nice setting for a few hours compared to takeout and drugs. it's still novel enough for us to do 3-4 times on slow weeks. so pick the best place in your city if you haven't been, or the hot place that just opened and go eat there. you can always drink that wine at home, but you can't always drop $800 for dinner and something towards the middle of the wine list.

Martin Amis "honoring" katie price with a character bearing some of her traits