This explains a lot:
Quote:

Genevieve Lhermitte, 42, said she felt desperate and trapped alone at home with the children - four girls and a boy aged between 14 and three - while her husband Bouchaib Moqadem was away visiting his parents in Morocco.

And this:
Quote:

The judge was told that Lhermitte's role as wife and mother was disturbed by the presence in the family home of a middle-aged Belgium doctor, Michel Schaar who paid most of the family's bills.

'He lived with us he even went on our honeymoon and slept in our room. We had to wait until he fell asleep before we could make love,' she said in court.

'I found that weird but Bouchaib said he regarded him as his stepfather. I think the doctor loved my husband in a platonic way.

'He watched TV with us in the evenings and went on holiday with us in the summer. We depended on him financially."

It was a wonderful community with some very enjoyable members. But the vast majority were like German housewives circa 1943 prenteding that horrib;le smell wafting through their open windowsd was just the neighbors having a cookout..--Windsock