14 Year old mom kills her baby by flushing it down the toilet

BAYTOWN, Texas -- Baytown police spent Thursday interviewing classmates and teachers at the school where a 14-year-old allegedly tried to flush her baby down a toilet.

Police say they are especially interested in talking with witnesses who entered the bathroom shortly after the eighth grader gave birth.

“Their story is integral to our investigation,” said Lt. Eric Freed of the Baytown Police Department. “We want to make sure we have all the bits, the pieces of the puzzle.”

The infant boy, believed to be near full-term, died inside the school bathroom.

Investigators say they want to gather all the information they can before interviewing the teen, who remained hospitalized at last check.

Investigators tell us the girl left class Wednesday morning at Cedar Bayou Junior School to go to the bathroom. A short time later, she gave birth. Police initially said she tried to flush the baby down the toilet and that the case is being treated as a homicide, but will now say only that the investigation is continuing.

“We are going to put all the information together,” Freed said. “And present it to the Harris County District Attorney’s office.”

The baby was not breathing by the time paramedics arrived. A preliminary autopsy report is scheduled to be released Thursday, but police say they will not announce the results.

They are looking for the boy who may have fathered the child.

11 News has also learned the girl’s family in the process of hiring an attorney.

At the school, counselors met with each class on the girl's schedule. Many students wanted to know how she was feeling and wrote letters encouraging her to get well.

Parents dropping off their kids Thursday morning still expressed shock and disbelief.

“My daughter was scared,” said Donna Abundis, whose child is in the seventh grade. “She’s like, ‘why did this have to happen?’ you know.”

Goose Creek ISD administrators say teachers and administrators had no idea the girl was pregnant.

"She wasn't showing or anything. She didn't tell anybody. It was a surprise," said Veronica Roy whose son attends the school.

She said her 8th grader was so upset, he planned to talk one of the counselors at school.

"Because he said he was on a bathroom break heard, I don't know if it was her or another girl screaming in the bathroom. He said he heard something," Roy said.

Students also were in shock that one of their classmates would be accused of such a horrible act.

“That’s really bad. I cannot believe it. You are like destroying God’s creations,” student Joshua Contreras said.

The students were sent home with letters further detailing the incident.

Earlier this week, another 14-year-old gave birth to a stillborn baby on a Continental flight from New York to Houston.

She won’t face charges because the baby wasn’t alive at birth.

That girl told investigators she didn’t know she was pregnant.

SOURCE