Quote:

Dude- you must be fskcing with me. I watched this flick late last night with my girlfriend. She almost puked her guts out. I meet Deodato in 98 to talk about the infamous filmed-but never-edited crab eating sequence.

That's a weird coincidence for sure! I just felt like listening to some nice cannibal muzak today.

"Cannibal Holocaust" must rank pretty high as one of the worst date movies ever. I think Deodato must have some issues with women. In lots of his movies ("Last Cannibal World", "Cannibal Holocaust", "The House On The Edge Of The Park", "Cut And Run") cruelty to women is an important element. No wonder your girlfriend had a hard time watching this movie. (Okay, and the animal snuff might have been hard to stomach too.)

Would you care to elaborate on the crab eating sequence you mentioned? I've read some interviews with Deodato but haven't heard about it before.

Quote:

You know the part in the soundtrack that goes ... tada..ta..ta..tada..ta.. brrroooonggg I sample that shit major whilst doing sound design. If you like that check out Sandro Brugnolini's experimental stuff.

Hmm, I'm not sure which part you mean. Is the "brrroooonggg" sound you're writing about a synthesizer sound? If so, then I think I know which part it is. Funny you're using that soundtrack for sampling too. I sampled some of the funky wah-wah guitar stuff years ago when I was messing around with Sonic Foundry's Acid software.

And I still can't get the title theme out of my head...