Quote:

Who is that beautiful young woman? Is she for real? Is it possible now with the computer art to create a woman that looks real and isn't? What if they did and someone fell in love and didn't know she wasn't real? I'm not very well read or have seen many movies, but are there any books or plays or poems or films based upon this notion, because it seems to me a pretty powerful notion. Like that Def Leppard song, like, I want nothing but your photograph. But he still weants to touch her, see? If Quinne turns out to be computer animation I will go on a mass killin g spreee and turn the gun upon myself.

Yes, it's very possible and quite popular in Japan to have animated females. The best part about it is that when the "fans" request for the "idols" to go on signings or social events, the producers get a model to wear a suite that looks like the "girl" and parade around to meet her fans.

There was also a magazine in England I believe called Future Babes which focused on such women too.

And as for whether anyone has fallen in love with such a woman, the answer is yes. Most of the fans of these type of "women" are in love with them. Mostly it's due to the artifical look which they describe as "perfection." Some guys even go so far as purchasing a mask of a specific "girl" they like and having their girlfriend wear it. It's pretty common..