Today I made Arabic chicken with cherries and safrol butter; then chased it down with green tea.

This weekend I was introduced to this chick (picture below) by a friend. She makes music she says is inspired by crabs and has a strange fascination with 19th Century expeditions to Asia and Africa. She actually dresses like this all the time and trys to maintain a persona like she's a lady from late 19th Century Europe.

At first I thought it was all an act when she lifted her hand for me to kiss and commented that I "looked well in my shiny new perverts". She proceeded to play for me "her music": a combination- at first of guitar pick drones that slowly and somewhat annoyingly changes into fuzzy and erratic stringing. She's obviously completely bonkers but a total riot to hang around with.

Supposedly on an expedition in Africa (although I suspect this was taken in Northern California)