Today was Alan (my girlfriends co-workers birthday) and they wanted to have his birthday lunch/dinner at The Westin Bonaventure. This is exactly the sort of place I loath going- which meant I had a 2 hour argument with my girlfriend concerning whether or not I should even attend.

I ended up fscking going. As soon as we got there, there was this woman outside who insisted her child to fscking say the most ridiculous thing. The child was clueless about what it should be saying and the mother- a real princess- kept repeating in a high and annoying voice "Say it honey. Tell it to mommy." She repeated this about 10 times.

Inside we were greeted by some dude- no idea who but he referred to himself as "we". He had a strange accent, or at least, he went to great lengths to give himself one. I thought it was amusing and kept asking him questions just to make the fake accent more apparent.

He led us to the dining room where the rest of the party was- all made up of people my girlfriend works with- meaning people I try not to get along with. One of them is this really goofy guy called Cliff who has the strangest laugh in the world. The guy that makes me feel most awkward however is Alan- a homosexual Asian dude that goes to great lengths to make himself stand out as a gay guy. All the women look alike and speak about the same shit- which is usually who bought what house or who saw who at some place. The only person I get along with is Elka and Mona- Elka because she's painfully hot and Mona because-- I actually have no idea why Mona and I get along.

I personally didn't order an appetizer but noticed Elka- one of the girlfriend's best buddies and probably the only person I really speak to order the Serrano ham and arugula salad with provencal black olive tapenade. She wasn't able to finish it and I asked her why and she said the tapenade was too dry.

For the main meal I had a Fettuccini mari monte which came with sauteed shrimp, chicken with fresh tomato, mushrooom and rosemary in a pinot grigio butter (oh la la).

Elka and the gf ordered korean style braised short ribs with garlic whipped potatoes in a cripsy spring roll, kumquat confit, baby carrots and grilled asparagus.

Someone ordered prime rib which we all took a piece off since it was unbelievably good. I suggest if you want to come to this place you take out a second mortgage on your house. The only good thing is that we got some coconut ice-cream thing at the end from the waitress; probably due to the fact we were very animated like kids and we spent what seemed like hours there. If I wasn't so full- I'd have hit their bar for a real drink.