Today was the kickoff of Loose Goose Wine Festival (officially starts tomorrow and ends on the 7th). Every business day during the month of October a different band performs at noon in a small pavilion a stonesthrow away from my office. There is a covered band shell area and then a grove of shade trees a half a city block long with benches. Food and beverages (brats, hamburgers, hot dawgs, chicken breastices, beer, wine, cocktails, soda) are served and it’s a really nice way to spend the lunch hour. Then, once day, the concert is repeated at 7:30 in the evening. Today was some group I've never heard of; a local act, that played originals and covers. My friend Cory is the dready bass player in this awesome 5-piece unit.

Heather (the 22yr old with perky breasts) joined me. We both had the Old Fashioned fish fry, which consisted of two pieces of beer-battered perch, 2 slices of buttered rye bread, French fried potatoes and cole slaw. I substituted green beans for the cole slaw. I squeezed a few lemons over the whole plate and salted/peppered everything. This delicious noonday meal was washed down with a pint of Amstel. Slurp. Ahhhhhh.

Here’s to many more wonderful lunches in the future!!!!