Today I linked up with Sparky and went to The Hump in Santa Monica for some good ol' sushi. Sparky's entire life has been taken over by The Foot. He had to change his email address 5 times and started a school for rich kids giving private lessons in Belgium New-Beat music from the mid 80s from his loft apartment starting 9:50am- 10:10pm (weekends excluded). I feel sorry for Sparky. I on the other hand I'm working on a new noise project. More on that later:

The Hump is one of the best places EVER. It's perched upstairs at the Typhoon; a multi-Southeast Asian cuisines-themed restaurant frequented by rich snobs. The ridiculous name comes from the route some flying tigers took during World War 2. If you've ever seen that BMW movie Wong-Kar Wai made with Clive Owen following some chick then you'll have an idea of what this place is like, and what most of the folks here look like.

To start off we had Akadashi Miso soup then dived straight into a sushi sashimi tray recommended by the chef (I normally never do this but when the chef is a trusted old bugger like this one I'll go with it).
The tray had Tai (red snapper rolled with japanese citrus pepper), hamachi (yellowtail handrolled with serrano pepper, garlic dai dai sauce), kampachi (young yellowtail handrolled with serrano pepper, garlic dai dai sauce), maguro (Blue Fin Tuna) and toro which is the finest part of blue fin tuna. We also got some Ika (squid), Ebi (cooked shrimp) and hirame (flounder).

We washed this wonderful luncheon down with two bottles of Yebisu Premium (produced by Sapporo).