Today I went to Angelini Osteria on Beverly Blvd. The diminutive space it offers is supposed to carry a vibe of accessibility and selectiveness but this couldn't be further from the truth today.

I arrived there about 12:30pm. Maybe this is the time everybody eats LUNCH because this place was packed, and the worst part was the crowd. You know how you have people who go somewhere in large packs just to draw attention to themselves? They pack a party of say 8-12 people in a Limo then whiz over to a restaurant such as this, then have the waiter chap squeeze two tables together then engage in boring loud converstation that causes the female part of the party to burst into obnoxious laughter that causes others in the restaurant to turn and share in the joke? This was the situation today.

I was sat at the back (in the dim light to avoid people looking at me) but just two tables away was a party of idiots. I say this because I couldn't help but overhear what they were talking about and I will definately spare you the details.

I ordered an affetati misti. For those that don't eat Italian much let me introduce you to my little piece of Florence.
Affettati Misti technically means cold sliced meat often served with fresh or mature pecorino, ricotta or raveggiolo cheeses, fresh raw beans or figs. Because it's a simple meal, most of the ingredients are required to be fresh. Angelini Osteria, because they obviously studied their craft, offer this exqusite dish with mortadella, prosciutto di parma, bresaola, salame and burrata. I ordered a glass of wine with my meal, which the waiter forgot to include in my bill... perhaps he thought it was worthy since I had to endure the annoying party just two tables down, or perhaps he just has a bad memory, whatever the case I didn't mention his error.

I'm starting to dislike going out. Maybe it's the crowds or maybe it's just me, but I think staying at home and preparing my own meals is becoming more exciting than finding one of these eateries. So where'd you graze today?