i'm generally not much of a white guy, even chteau d'yquem 01 didn't do much for me.

i've got half a case of ferrari carano's tresor around here, it's great shit for $50. i've shared a bottle of the 92 FC reserve red, which is now the same thing as the tresor, awesome wine.

there are so many goddamn morton's out there, some of them are great, some are less-so. i eat at the one down in stamford a lot and it's really good, the one in boston sucks.
go to the french laundry for me, that's the one restaurant in the states i still want to go to, year after year it always blows away the ny stuff actually near me and alain ducasse shouldn't even be on lists anymore.

Quote:

I tried a local wine tonight,thought id try to "keep it real" since noone "keeps it real" anymore..

Thousand Oaks vineyard 2004 chardonnay...im gonna have to pass on future purchases.....certainly no nickel & nickel and absolutely not even on the same planet as ferrari-carrano

btw: ive eaten steak in LA, SF, NY, MIA, paris, barcelona, berlin.... and noone holds a candle to mortons IMHO.

Martin Amis "honoring" katie price with a character bearing some of her traits