I had lunch with Stunt Rock, today at the Cafe at the Plaza downtown.

He ordered the cafe burger (something i would normally order, if I hadn't been polite and let him order first). This comes with lettuce, tomato, three tyypes of cheese...American, Cheddar, and swiss, along with 2 thick slices of American bacon. This also comes with a dill pickle spear, celery stalk, cucumber slice and a choice of frenched fried potatoes, slaw that has been coled, or chipped potatoes. Mr. Rock opted for the frenched fried potatoes (les pommes frites for you quebecians and montretards out there, this being a canuck based internet webstation base). Mr. Rock asked if he could have cheese on his hamburger whereupon I pointed out that there were 3 slices of cheese served on the cafe burger. How embarassing.

I decided to try the breakfast burrito which is a fine mixture of eggs, cheese, onions, mushrooms, peppers and bacon wrapped into a large tortilla. The waitress also brings a fresh salsa and a cup of soured cream in separate containers. On the side, I opted for the cafe potatoes, which are really delicious potatoes, generously spiced and blended with onions and green peppers.

A few minutes after we ordered, the waitress came back to the table and informed Mr. Rock that they had just run out of Frenched Fries and would he mind chipped potatoes instead? Unfortunately, I didn't speak up and ask if he could substitute cafe potatoes for the frenched fries or the chipped potatoes.

Then, we talked about Franjo's girlfriend, the fall television season, and various other "scene" related topics.

Lunch is one of my three favorite meals of the day! So what did you have for lunch today?