Paige Completes Directorial Debut

CHATSWORTH, Calif. - Adult performer turned novice director Haley Paige is completing work on Smash Pictures’ May release Virgin Territory, marking her directorial debut.

“From the point that Smash gave me the okay to do this, I was nervous and I thought, ‘oh my God, how am I going to do this?’ But now, I’m really happy with it,” said Paige, who also stars in the title, set for release in early May.

“One of the best things is that even when I’m filming someone else having sex, I feel like I can jump in and fuck too.”

The wall-to-wall movie features Alicia Alighatti doing her first anal scene since she stopped doing them last fall.

“I asked her if she could do it for me and she just went in and gave a hundred percent and it turned into a really great scene,” Paige said.

Adding to the anal activities were young hotties Holly Wellin, Samantha South and youthful newcomer Cody Star who performed her first anal scene with an obliging Tony T. Having performed in just a handful of scenes previously, Star showed her intensity and spontaneity that surprised the young director.

“It was extraordinary,” Paige said. “She’s totally brand new and she was able to do a great anal scene with no problem at all.”

Having joined the industry in 2004 when she made her debut in Smash Pictures’ Camel Toe Perversions, Paige has starred in nearly 100 movies, but never had the chance to direct until now.

“We saw in her the fact that she was ready to go to the next stage and direct and we wanted to take advantage of that,” said Smash Pictures vice president Stuart Wall.

And so far, so good. Paige is already planning her next title, featuring young newcomers making their debuts or one of their first scenes.

“It helps that I’m a woman and I always found it to be easier to work with a woman director. She’s been where you are and it adds an extra level of comfort,” she said.

Under her agreement with the company, Paige is scheduled to direct one film per month, but is able to perform for other companies.

Meanwhile, Smash Pictures plans to release Totally Stacked, starring Vicky Vette and Franchezca on Thursday, followed by the teen-oriented Bang My Box, starring Hillary Scott and Penny Flame, set for release on March 30.

http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Articles&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=263177