Link

Quote:

A security guard and coach at Ribault High School was arrested Monday and accused of assaulting a student on school grounds.

The 14-year-old girl told police she was tricked Monday morning into entering a shower at the school, where Tracy Wright allegedly demanded that she perform sex acts on him.

"Apparently, the suspect was able to take the victim to an area on campus where he felt confident that he would be able to complete the assault," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Rick Wood said.

Police said Wright, 34, asked the girl to help him find some other students who were causing trouble in class. The victim said he asked her to look in the girls' shower, then he followed her in and "started kissing her against her will."

According to the arrest report, he told the girl, "Today is the day," and tried to have sex with her.

According to police, the girl got away when someone called Wright on the school radio he carries.

"(At) some point during the assault, our suspect became distracted, which fortunately gave our victim the opportunity to escape," Wood said.

Police said the victim called a family member and actually ran away from the school, flagging down a police car on the street.

Police said Wright cooperated, admitting to the assault when questioned.

"I'm not going to blame her. I'm the adult ... I know better," police quoted Wright as saying during the interview with detectives.

Wright is charged with sexual battery.

His future as a school coach and security officer is uncertain. Wright had his first appearance before a Duval County judge Tuesday morning. His bond was set at $150,000.