Smash Pictures Signs Director Zak Wylde
By Steve Javors
Wednesday, July 19, 2006

CHATSWORTH, Calif. — Smash Pictures has signed veteran gonzo shooter Zak Wylde to a non-exclusive directing contract, Smash Vice President Stuart Wall announced. Wylde has been directing adult videos for 10 years, making his name shooting for Elegant Angel, Devil’s Film and Sin City.
The deal calls for Wylde to direct one movie per month for Smash. His first movie, “Secretary’s Day,” goes into production next week and seeks to bring to life the everyday, working man’s fantasy of having sex with his co-worker.

“Zak and I worked together to assemble an amazing cast, incorporating both all-star names and fresh new talent,” Wall told XBIZ. “Since I’m all about discovering that newbie on the block, for this shoot, Jordana James is the face I feel is going to blow up in the industry.”

The movie also stars Tori Lane, Franschesca, Samantha Sinn and Kinzie Kenner.

Wall met Wylde five years ago when he was head of sales at Elegant Angel.

“In today’s market if you want to move an extra couple thousand pieces, you need someone to follow your guidelines,” Wall said. “Zak has the ability to shoot a movie with a lot of heat, and he does a great job of bringing out the chemistry in the talent working together.”

Wylde also currently directs for Combat Zone and Sin City’s Mayhem imprint.

“I’m truly excited about the ideas for movies I want to film for Smash,” Wylde told XBIZ. “I’ve known Stuart for quite a while, and we’ve built up a certain amount of trust. I know what’s expected of me, and I plan on producing some great stuff for them.”

AVN:
http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Articles&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=272212

Attachments
172762-r3_16043_8[3].jpg (16 downloads)