http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=387882150&blogID=449278370

The adult entertainment industry is a very profitable business. Performers can often times make as much, or more, money than people with years of college education under their belt. For an open-minded and strong individual, a career in the adult industry can be a very positive and satisfying experience. HOWEVER, there are a lot of unprofessional, phony, and outright dangerous people in the business that will try to take advantage of you while you're trying to get your start. Hopefully these tips will help some of you get connected with the right people early on.

1. Try to meet the producer before the shoot. Meeting in a public place, like a coffee-shop or restaurant, will give you a chance to check out who you'll be working for. During this meeting you could request to see previous work, ask for references, and ask for the documents you'll be required to sign.

2. Auditions: Fake producers might ask for you to undress or take part in sexual activity before the actual shoot, as part of an audition. Legitimate producers DO NOT do this. If someone asks you to audition without any paperwork or money to you, look for a different producer.

3. Make sure you are always getting paid directly by the producer, not your manager. Many girls have dishonest managers or agents who keep more money than negotiated for themselves.

4. STD's: Your safety and health should always be your main concern. Always request to see the STD results of any performer you'll be working with.

In this business, the people you associate yourself with will most likely determine whether your experience will be a positive or a negative one. It can be quite difficult to find decent people to work for as you're trying to get your start. Always be weary of ads on free publishing websites like craigslist. Remember that anyone with internet access can write up an ad. If you meet the producer beforehand, view some of their work, and are able to talk with some references, chances are they're legit.

I'll add more on here as I think of it. If you ever have any questions, whether you're working for me or not, please don't hesitate to send me a message. I'll answer your question the best I can.

Good luck, and be safe!