The following was posted by Ayanna Angel on blackgirlonline entitled "No Deal":

This is just an information post to let you know that I am not under contract with Video Team. I personally feel that under pressure from this board and others C Mann jumped on the Ayana (or any black girl with a butt that does anal) band wagon to appease the members of this board. To date I have not seen a contract nor any $$. When I ask time and time again I was told that we would be signing the contract next week, or when I am in L.A. again , or at AVN etc etc, only to have spent the whole week in Las Vegas at AVN with no contract or check. Yes stupid on my part but given the announcements and press releases who would think they had no plans to sign. So like a fool I went to AVN with no contract. But it is now Jan. 15, 2004. This contract talk has gone on for more than a month and will continue if I let it.

When I questioned why I still have not signed and have not gotten any $$$ I am told I am too "high maintenace" for VT and have complained of being unhappy. Am I high maintenance because I want my $$ and want to know why I have not signed yet? I call C Mann continuously only to be told by the secretary he is in a meeting etc, will call later, etc. Call him at 10etc. Why are we still "talking" where is the contract. The truth in my opinion there is none and was never going to be one. The same way Tyler Knight was signed and somehow "things didn't work out" only after the press release announcing his signing. But no re-tractement so everyone will still think he is under the VT umbrella as was the case with many girls that were never in fact under contract. I am too high maintenance because I am not 19, 20, or 21 years old but old enough to see the BS before it hits me. I knew what I wanted and stated so but they were not used to this and it was obvious.

To add to the "high maintenance" insult I was told I have punctuality issues. I may have been late here and there at Internext/AVN but part of that was due to the dis-organization of having to move from 1 hotel to the next in the middle of the day when you can not check into the other hote until 3pml. Topped off by the fact that there was no financier to check anyone in to the hotel and I am not putting of my credit card for their rooms. Another was due to the fact that I had to hire my own make-up artist since VT did not provide one and their contract girl Daisy was presenting an award and I being thoughtful because she was stressed about her hair and make-up let her use my make-up artist since she was presenting an award at the show. So yes that made me late but I was there before the show started only to find that only myself and Daisy bothered to show up the awards. As for punctuality, some of the VT girls didn't even attend the AVN Awards show nor showed up Sun at the AVN booth because they were out the night before and couldn't get up. But not me I was there all by myself on Sun from 11-1:00pm before a 2nd girl showed up. But again I have punctuality issues, I'm told. But just wanted to let you all know what the deal is when you here that I am not the VT girl. No contract was ever signed and I never saw one. I would however like my check for the week I spent at AVN + and the check from the last VT video that was completed Dec. 21, 2003. Today is Jan. 15, 2004. But if those requests are high-maintenance than so be it. I could see if I said I wanted 4 bottles of Cris in my dressing room, my own trailer or a company car, then I would be high maintenance, but damn I just want my $$ or the contract to be signed. I just like organization and things to be done in a business manner and when they are not yes I will complain.

Chris Mann, Video Team CEO, responds:

I didn't wait to chime in, but rather I just now saw this thread as it's only 8:30 AM in California. Ayana and I had an e-mail exchange that precipitated her posting of this thread. For the record, I never said a negative thing about Ayana publicly, nor will I. The AEE convention was a good opportunity for us to see if we can work together, and obviously it didn't go as planned for either side. Since we have not formally signed, we are both free to go separate ways or to finish the negotiation. Regardless of what happens, I will not disrespect Ayana and engage in a public airing of grievances. The only thing I will state for the record is that Ayana will be paid for her time in Las Vegas instead of on payroll as is custom for contracted performers.

I'm sure this thread will grow and get ridiculous. I will not be addressing every wild accusation. I will hold my future comments until the issues between us are resolved.

PEACE.

Video Team's official response:

I still want to resolve the matter with Ayana directly and amicably, even if the result is that we decide to forgo a contract or even a working relationship. Ayana will be paid for her time in Las Vegas, which is the only work performed under the (as yet unsigned) contract. I have not spoken with her since she posted the BGOL thread. I sent her an e-mail expressing regret about the incidents that led to her complaint and my sincere desire to resolve the issue and move forward as friends. Of course, I still hope we can work together. I hope she responds in kind. Last, I reiterate my commitment to not disrespect or say negative things about her in any public forum. I will attempt to defend my position, but not if it means attacking her. She doesn't deserve that, nor is that my style.

Christian S. Mann
Video Team

Some background from Video Team's 12/14/03 press release

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - Video Team has signed African-American performer Ayana Angel to an exclusive contract.

"We are extremely excited to welcome Ayana into the Video Team family," offered Video Team president Christian Mann. “We feel that she is one of the most beautiful African-American performers within the adult industry and a true sexual dynamo. Video Team now has a formidable one-two combo in the likes of Ayana and Daisy (Video Teams other contract performer)."

"I am so excited to be with Video Team," explained Angel. "Their box covers are awesome and as you know I've appeared in several movies for Video Team and it has always been a wonderful experience. Now, I can't wait to 'tear it up' on camera as a Video Team contract girl!"

While exact details of the contract were not available, sources close to the deal suggest that Angel will have to perform in nine projects in a one-year time span.

Ayana will be appearing, along with Daisy, at the Video Team Booth during the Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas.

Ayana can currently be see in Video Team's My Baby Got Back 29, My Baby Got Back 30, Sista 17, Sista 18, Sole Sisters 1 and Chocolate Cream Pie 4.

Chris Mann comments on the alleged initial sigining of Ayana Angel

Ayana is great... I love her because she's easy to talk to and always friendly. I predict that she's gonna make some smokin' movies for us.

As for the terms of the deal: it is private for many reasons. Suffice it to say that yes, she does get paid (what kind of question is that?) and that she obviously felt it was worth it to become exclusive.

Last: we did not give Lacey "the boot". I plan on shooting Lacey again if the situation is right. The bottom line is it made more sense for Lacey to work for more than just VT and it made more sense for VT to try other things. Lacey remains a good friend of VT. The same is true of India.

The main thing is this: we are becoming more and more a "gonzo" hardcore company and Ayana fits that mold beautifully. Stay tuned for more VT news as it happens.

Meanwhile, I remain truly grateful to the BGOL fam for the valuable input and support. I may not be everyone's favorite poster 'round here, and some peeps will never agree with an old cracka' like me... but I feel that we do share one thing in common: an admiration and respect for gorgeous black women.

PEACE to all...