I don't go on Instagram much. Honestly, the majority of the recipes I try online come from one website: foodwishes.com. I don't ever follow the recipes exactly, but the videos are great and they give you an idea of the proper technique. I made cioppino last week using shrimp, crab, lobster, halibut, fresh salmon and some mussels & clams. The basis for the recipe was from that website and it turned out amazing.

Cooks Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen sent me an email last week with a recipe for a Spanish Tortilla using eggs, potatoes, peas, diced peppers and onions. It turned out pretty good for a first try, although I'll admit I cheated and put the pan in a hot oven to help the top of it firm up before I tried to flip it (it's cooked in the pan on both sides, which you probably already knew). I can't post a direct link, but this website seems to have an adaptation of the same thing: http://www.staceysnacksonline.com/2012/08/spanish-tortilla-w-roasted-peppers-peas.html

Attachments
ST.jpg (83 downloads)