Originally Posted By: fartz
Like Barry said, it's bad form. A guy in South's comment section put it brilliantly.

He said something along the lines of this:

If you got a prostate exam and the doctor went all in with no gloves and you found out later that he was HIV+, would your reaction be "oh well, it's not like he put his penis in me"

You can't sue over something as nebulous as "bad form".

I'd love to keep people with "the herp" out of my pools. I heard, and it may be an urban legend, that Kings Point, a large retirement community in Delray, has a very large STD problem. So, every time one of these widows or widowers that is playing the field comes in the pool, I'm none too pleased.

As far as the doctor, I'd be offended on several levels. HIV not being the only one. But, there you WOULD have a case on sexual misconduct. Because it's NOT accepted practice for doctors to go gloveless in either rectal or vaginal exams. Going gloveless turns routine examination into unwanted sexual abuse.

For whatever reason, I've seen several cameraman/directors do it. I don't think any of them tell the girls if they have Hep C, nail fungus or have even if they've washed their hands recently. There are plenty of germs out there ....